Monday, August 3, 2009

The Internet CAN by a good thing!

Our grandchildren live 1100 miles away. Due to our physical conditions, we are no longer able to go visit them. They try to come visit us once a year if their schedules allow. Thank goodness for our computers and the Internet. On their end, they have a cam--not me! Ha. We are able to see them but they can not see us. One afternoon, I went on AIM with our granddaughter. We both have microphones and can talk to each other as I watch them. These pictures were snapped by our granddaughter as she was talking to me. She was doing all kinds of expressions and added the parrot and rabbit into the picture. We had a fun visit. As she dragged and dropped the pictures for me to see, I saved them. I went to hp.com to their creative section and picked out this frame. I uploaded the pictures and dropped them into the frame. I printed it and then put it in the scanner and saved it. I then went to my computer and chose it as my wallpaper. I get to relive that fun visit with my granddaughter each time I cut my computer on. I did this screen capture so that you could see what I see on my 24-inch monitor. I don't understand how computers and Internet work, but what a blessing it is to the "old lady". To me, it is a "Good Thing" as Martha Stewart would say.
Love, Marie

10 comments:

  1. Oh yes, it's a Good thing! I think it's wonderful that grandparents can keep in touch with their grandchildren this way. You are very lucky to be able to 'visit' with your grandkids! I so admire you for knowing how to use the computer. Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...that is so cute. The internet and computers are such a blessing in that way!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful that you can keep in touch with your family via the internet. Sometimes technology is a good thing. Now if only I could learn how to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! So you think YOU'RE an "old lady?" Well...if you ARE an old lady...and I'm not ready to say that you are...than you are a very very bright lady!! I can't do anything like that...however, I have figured out how to add pictures to my blog! I'm so excited! I was able to put some pictures of my son's wedding on there! I'm very impressed with what you can do and I love your pictures! Have a lovely day! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog again! I love it when you leave me a comment! Kroger does still have the 10 for 10 sales! I usually shop at Marsh and Aldis but there is a Kroger about 7 miles away or so...not really convenient unless there is a bargain on sale like today!! Hope to talk to you later! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie, I would love to see your Valentine's tree:) I'm sure it was beautiful! Have a nice day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit! Your grandkids are adorable. I checked out some of your recipes & they look yummy. Have a great weekend!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! You're lucky that you know how to use computer. Mike's Mom is only 66 yrs old & she's stubborn on learning new technologies like computer, can opener, blender & more. LOL Enjoy your time on computer with your grandkids. ~ Dawn ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, thanks so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment about the movie I posted about. you are very lucky to be able to chat with your grandchildren and that you are pretty computer literate! Great job on the pic...that's a lot of steps...you did good!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute pictures and that is soooo neat that you can see her. It must feel like she is not so far away.♥

    ReplyDelete