Sunday, August 9, 2009

Quotes to Live By

The following quotes are some that mean something to me and I want to share them with you.

Let no man think lightly of good, saying in his heart,
"It will not benefit me." Even by the falling of water drops,
a water pot is filled; the wise man becomes full of good,
even if he gathers it little by little.
German Pro
verb



Hardening of the heart ages people more quickly
than hardening of the arteries.
___
We really begin to amount to something to men and to
God when we are careful to do a kindness and care
less about who gets the credit for it.
___
There are many moments in friendship, as in love,
when silence is beyond words.
___
No man is rich enough to buy back his past.
___
We will not make the daisies of our own lives
any prettier by being jealous of the roses in
our neighbors' lives.
___
If you want a better life, the place to change is
inside yourself.
___
Whatever you dislike in another person, take care
to correct it in yourself.
___
What life means to us is determined not so much by
what life brings to us as by the attitude we bring to
life; not as much by what happens to us, as by our
reaction to what happens.
___
The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater
is their power to harm us.
___
It takes both rain and sunshine to make a rainbow.
___
Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and
the blind can see.
___
The world is a looking glass, and gives back to
every man the reflection of his own face.
Thackeray





8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the quotes. I liked them very much. They are all very true and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Marie,
    I have a big question for you. I noticed that you use a lot of zucchini. I was able to grow just a little bit in my garden because the rabbits ate most of the blooms. (I know, they have to eat too, but we have so much grass I would have been happy to share!) Anyway, I have shredded all the zucchini that I had and froze it. Just now, as I was looking up squash recipes, I found out that I was supposed to BLANCH it first! I'm about to cry! I worked so hard getting it all "put up" in the freezer. Do you think it will hurt it not to have blanched it first? If so, do you think I need to take it out of the freezer and redo it? Oh dear!!!!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth,
    I have not frozen any zucchini. Brenda at Coffee Tea Books and Me has frozen hers without blanching. I froze yellow squash and okra but I like to blanch mine. I blanched my yellow squash and okra and then put it in ice water. I drained them and then sliced them into a flour, cornmeal mixture and spread them out on a tray until frozen then put them in bags. I have a friend that does not blanch any of hers but, to me, I think it taste better. We didn't have trouble with rabbits but the squirrels have driven us mad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these quotes. My favorite one is the one about kindness being the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see. So true! I hope you are having a good week. Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful quotes and I hope you don't mind but I printed them out:-) xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie, you have a lovely blog! I really enjoyed reading your posts. My ex-husband had MS. He has passed on now. But, I know a little of what you speak of with frustration with medications. Sorry that the squirrels are getting your tomatoes. My pastor's wife has the very same problem, but so far we have been lucky. The only thing we did different was to plant the tomatoes in a big tub, so they are up off the ground. We also put cages around them - not that that would stop a squirrel! Anyway, thanks for visiting my blog! Have a great week! Much love - Raquel XO

    ReplyDelete