Saturday, December 19, 2009

My Christmas Surprise....


We have these wonderful friends that we met through church. They have been such a blessing to us. All through the year, Pat has been bringing us meals to put in the freezer. These meals have been such a blessing. There are days that I am not able to prepare food for us and it is wonderful to go to the freezer and take out one of these meals and pop it into the oven or microwave. Gary, the husband, has helped with mowing the yard and other things that my husband needed. Yesterday, they came in the snow and brought us more meals for the freezer and one of Pat's works of art. She painted the snowman on the bottle and place a string of colored lights inside. I placed it on the kitchen counter beside my snowwoman cookie jar. Thank you Pat and Gary for your thoughtfulness!
Love,
Marie

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment Marie!! I have enjoyed seeing all your decorations as well. Looks like we have a lot in common. I love doing crafts and making my home cozy!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What thoughtful friends! I love the snowman on the bottle. It is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would we do without friends?!!!!! I just love the snowman bottle ~ wish I had one, too! I hope you don't lose power with the freezing rain you said you were having. That was very smart of your daughter-in-law to order the boots. I'm guessing they don't get much snow where they live. I hope you have a blessed and happy Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and a gift from God to have such treasured friends!
    Merry Christmas
    from Thistle Cove Farm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie - you've won at Thistle Cove Farm! Please contact me at thistlecovefarms at gmail dot com so I can snail mail your mug rugs.
    You've got until New Year's Eve, midnight, 2009.

    ReplyDelete