Monday, December 21, 2009

Gifts from other talented friends


I got this wonderful surprise from my friend, Celeste--we do watch bands together. She made this adorable snowman in a jar and placed white lights in it. It looks so sweet sitting on my kitchen counter with my other snowmen that can be seen in the post below. Thanks Celeste!
I love it.
These pretty little gift boxes were made by my friend, Naydine, my other watch band maker. Naydine used last years Christmas cards to make these neat little boxes and put a couple of pieces of candy inside. I think they are so neat. Thanks Naydine! My husband and I love them.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, Thanks for dropping in at Water Oak Hill. We didn't get any snow, I'm 20 mile east of Charlotte... sniff

    Enjoyed your blog and will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie! What sweet gifts! I reused the little black boxes that favors were put in at my son and daughter in law's wedding last summer and am putting fudge in them as gifts! The other night, my son, Danny, said, "Hey, I recognize those boxes!! Have you paid me for them???" haha! He'll get his payment in fudge! He was just teasing. They are so cute and now that they are expecting already, (baby due NEXT summer) they are even cuter, if that is possible!!
    If I don't get to talk to you before Christmas, have a lovely one, ok? Snow is gently falling here. I'm about to bake cookies!
    Love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie! It's so nice to meet you; we don't live that far apart. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice compliment.

    I love your painted wine bottle. I've been collecting empty wine bottles for a while for another project but think I just might paint a couple for my good neighbors!

    ReplyDelete