Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Enjoying the Bounty

This is all that was left from the Zucchini Sausage Boats that I fixed for supper last night. Go over to Kelli's blog and get the recipe. Enjoy her blog and then scroll down on the right hand side and you will see the recipe. I halved the recipe for us and instead of bread crumbs, I used some barbeque potato chip crumbs.
A friend called and shared a recipe for me to make pickles with the cucumbers.
Refrigerator Pickles
8 cups sliced cucumbers
2 cups sugar
1 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon celery seed.
I sliced the cucumbers with my processor and placed them in a large jar that I gotten bread and butter pickles in. I boiled the syrup and and poured over the cukes and they are supposed to be okay like this for a while in the refrigerator. We will probably have them eaten pretty quick.


2 comments:

  1. Mmmm...that looks so good. I think I might try and make it too...a nice way to sneak some veggies in for Jon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so yummy! Thanks for your comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete