Friday, January 18, 2013

Thundersnow.....

  
This is a view out the bay window in our kitchen.  We had heavy rain off and on all day.  The temperature was in the low 50's most of the day.  At 6 pm, the rain was pouring down.  Then the temperature started dropping and by 8 pm it was snowing and thundering.  I have read today that is a rare occurrence.  I read a girl's blog from the UK today and she had the same thing happen on January 14--three days before us.  I found that interesting.  The snow was beautiful this morning but it is disappearing  quickly.  I hope we have another snow and that it comes during the daylight hours.
Love,
Marie

4 comments:

  1. I've experienced thunder during snow. You're right - it is very rare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Marie! Look at all the beautiful things you make. I am so glad that we decided to join up with "Grow Your Blog". I may not have found you otherwise! I'm your newest follower girlfriend

    LindaLee from
    CrossN' My Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter sent a photo of 2 1/2 year old Anna on their deck with the snow already at her height (she was standing in the doorway).

    They still had snow for the rest of the weekend after that.

    I guess I should be happy with the very cold dismal rainy weather, we don't have to shovel rain. Snow is in the long term forecast again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, what a coincidence...that's the temperature in my bedroom!

    ReplyDelete