Saturday, January 5, 2013

Here comes another New Year...

When I put away my Christmas decorations, I got out some of my snowmen  items. I thought
I could use them until February.  In front of the decorations is a loaf of apple bread I made. We were given a box of fruit for Christmas and I don't like not using or eating as much as we can.
 
 Praline- Topped Apple Bread
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 eggs
3 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chopped peeled Granny Smith apples
1 1/4 cups chopped pecans, toasted, divided
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1.  In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  In another bowl, beat the sugar, sour cream, eggs and vanilla until well blended.  Stir into the flour mixture just until moistened.  Fold in the apples and 1 cup pecans.
2.  Transfer to a greased 9-in. X 5-in. loaf pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool in pan for 10 minutes.  Remove to a wire rack to cool.
3.  In a saucepan, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil.  Cook and stir for 1 minute.  Spoon over bread.  Sprinkle with remaining pecans.

I bought this gold pin from Hospice Flee Market and tatted around it
with the red thread to wear during Christmas with my Christmas scarf.

This was a beautiful sunset from night before last.  The sky was a rose color
all the way around.  This almost looks like a fire.

I want to wish every one a great New Year.  I pray that it is filled with good health and
happiness.  I made a resolution and have already broken it.  I am pleased that for the past
two years I had kept my resolution to read the Bible all the way through.  This year, I have
a daily devotion that I am going to use.  
Love,
Marie



1 comment:

  1. Yum!! That bread sounds and looks so delicious. Your tatting around the pin is beautiful and the sunset is amazing... looks like you are off to a great 2013. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete