Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trip to Mt. Airy...

We decided last Friday, before Sandy came, to drive up to the mountains.  It is a nice drive from our house to Mt. Airy.  It was a gorgeous day and the leaves were still beautiful in places.  We not only enjoyed the leaves but seeing the antique cars parked along Main Street and the crowds lined up at Snappy Lunch for the famous pork chop sandwich.















These are the mums in our yard today.  My husband took a picture because we may have frost tonight.
Love,
Marie

3 comments:

  1. Every photo is so beautiful!! Perfect fall fun! Thank you for sharing the beauty, Marie! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! What a lovely area. Love the old cars, too. :) I have a '68 Mustang that I bought new. I tell everyone I was -10 years old when I bought it, but, well, that's not true. :) I was old enough to own a car and drive. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lois, I was an owner of an original Mustang, 1964 1/2, baby blue. Sure do wish I still had that car. I bought one of the first one's in our area and paid $2000 for it. I drove it to work and when I came out at lunch, there was a crowd around it. Back then, it was exciting for the new cars to come out--now they all look so much alike. Marie

      Delete