Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Piddling......

 Another prayer shawl on the needles

 I have the wedding sampler finished except a few details
and names and date.  The colors are more muted than this shows.

 Sock yarn waiting to be knitted into Christmas gifts

These two tatting pieces are some piddling I was doing
working with the use of buttons.  I need much more
practice.
This hummingbird feeder is on our den window.  It is so much fun to watch them fight over it.
I had not filled it and placed it on the window and I looked and there was a
hummingbird hovering at the window looking for the feeder.  It is amazing to
me how they are able to travel so far and come back to the same feeder year
after year. 
Love,
Marie







6 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh! I didn't know anyone did tatting anymore! Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sure are beautiful. I never learned how to do that.
    My mil used to do it and made some beautiful things.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought the book about crocheting prayer shawls because I want to start crocheting again and I want to start with shawls. I haven't done so since high school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is amazing about the hummingbirds. We have more and more every year. My husband counted 28 out there all at once one day last week. We find that they all come off and on during each day, but are there all at once right before a storm comes in.

    My mother knew how to tat and that's one thing that I never learned how to do. Always loved the looked of it though.

    You have a wonderful week girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! My daughters have started crocheting and want to teach me to do it as well. I think it is a lost cause since elderly family members have tried and tried to teach me....maybe a "new" (as in under 20) person can do it!!! Great job on your work!!
    hugs! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to have to post us on the progress of all these projects!! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete