Sunday, February 27, 2011

Knitting with a Purpose.....

I participated in the 2011 Special Olympics USA Scarf Project for the Winter Games. These scarves are a symbol of unity, compassion and support, and help create a powerful sense of community across the Special Olympics Movement. The patterns and colors of thread were provided by Red Heart yarn. You could choose to crochet or knit. I also decided to do them for my home state of North Carolina. I have a long-time friend who has a special needs daughter so I did mine in honor of her.


I have also continued to knit prayer shawls for our FUMC prayer shawl ministry. Below is the latest one I have finished. You cast on a number that can be divided by 3 and then you knit 3, purl 3 every row until you have around 60 inches. Bind off and add fringe that is also divisible by 3


Love,
Marie

3 comments:

  1. So very nice and for such a good purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Wonderful that it is for such worthy causes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have been busy. What a wonderful itea to keep us busy and also it is for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete